Luscious Lashes and FOTD

>> Thursday, October 8, 2009


Hey Cocktail Smarties! Sorry it has been a while I have been working like 50hr work weeks lately which is okay because I LOVE the money! :)  Anyways I wanted to share what I have been doing lately for my eye lashes!!

How I got my luscious lashes:

For the past year I have been using the wonderful amazing product called REVITALASH!!!! Yes this is my big secret behind my long lashes.  I have been using Revitalash for almost a year now. It comes in a little tube that looks like liquid eyeliner. You apply it on your upper lash line every night before you go to bed.  I started to see results my self after about 8-9 weeks. after about 6 months though I got kinda lazy and only started applying it like once a week if that. If you go to the Revitalash site it costs like $100 and more I think but I got it on Amazon for only $60.  To this day I am STILL using the same tube... that goes to show you how long they last!  I now very rarely wear fake lashes... only on special occasions.

After growing my lashes nice and long I was on the quest for the *best* Mascara to enhance them even more. What I have noticed about having longer lashes is that CLUMPY mascara is 10 times more noticeable.  Here is what I have found to work best for me, and what I do on a daily basis.

FIRST I curl my eyelashes (which I always used to do last, but realize not that its better for your lashes to do first). 

Next I apply my mascara and since I have not yet found the BEST mascara to do everything I want it to do... I use TWO!


SECOND I apply Maybelline Stiletto Lash to the tips of my lashes... this mascara is an AMAZING separating and lengthening mascara!!  I only apply this to the tips because I will apply the second mascara on all of my lashes... and having the second coat only on the tips give your lashes the appearance of being longer.  I also use the Stiletto Lash to lengthen the corners of my lashes as well as my lashes on the lower lash line.

THIRD I apply Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara to all my lashes, root to tip.  This mascara is AMAZING at thickening your lashes and giving them that glamorous black look.  The only bad thing about this brush is that it is SO thick it isn't to great to get those inner lashes or bottom ones without getting it on your skin and making a mess or messing up your shadow.

That's why I think that these Mascaras are such a great combo... I know that using two may seem a little tedious but to me it is well worth it!

 Lastly here is a photo of the day from last weekend... I was supposed to go to downtown West Palm but ended up not going! I used the MAC Cinderfella with some color... I'm still so stuck on purple!
PS... I wasn't wearing that pink shirt to go out lol that was just a T-shirt I had on while getting ready! :)



PS. Excuse the pale dry lips! lol I hadn't put chap stick or a lippie on yet ;)

9 comments:

Sara (The Makeup Snob.com) October 8, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

you look gorgeous! Thanks for posting your lash tricks!!! What you said completely makes sense with the 2 mascaras!!

I have thin short lashes for real. Its super cool the revitilash has lasted you so long. that makes it completely worth it!!!

Thanks again!!

Meya Cruz October 8, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

you look great! i love the look =)

Katrina October 8, 2009 at 11:01 PM  

Wow you are so gorgeous Katie. So pretty! Your lashes look incredible! That purple shadow = WOWWWW! Beautiful!

I love Revitalash! I am so happy I can use it again after the baby and my lashes are growwwin again!!! YEAAAA!

P.S. DAMMIT we live so close to each other - we need to meet up!!!!

Tiff October 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

You look gorgeous...the purple looks amazing on you. I might get that Revitalash soon...I love falsies but I'd still like to see how well it would work for me.

Elizabeth Donskaya October 17, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

looove your eyeshadow!! you look fantastic.. especially for working 50 hr weeks! and i looove lash stilleto it's like a little gem from the drugstore. for ultra volume i use l'oreal voluminous, it's so cheap too, and now i think i'll get the revitalash especially because all these lash growing products are so popular now...

♥ Ms. Kendall ♥ October 21, 2009 at 7:19 PM  

Lol, I hope you didn't catch the 'purple' from me... It's a long ass phase...
Using two mascaras is normal!! Different kinds do different things! Sometimes I use three :)
Sorry I've been mia! I'm still getting myself in order in ATL!
XoXoXOXO

For The Fierce October 27, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

i agree with this post, I use lash stiletto & the colossal volum'express at the same time because i cant find a mascara that lengthens & thickens at the same time. Thought i was the only one! lol

♔Jaimie October 29, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

I really like the lash blast! I use it in my kit :)

Janice January 9, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

i do the exact same thing as you for mascara.

Upcoming Cocktails

  • Diaries of a New Makeup Artist
  • Zoya Swatches
  • Relationship Advice
  • All about ME ME ME :)
The HLMN Button

What I WANT!!

  • Coastal Scents Neutral Palette
  • LiLash
  • Mac Pigments
  • OCC Liptars

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP