Mai Kai Polynesian Adventure!

>> Wednesday, July 15, 2009

**Happy Birthday**

Today was my Best friend Alison's *BIRTHDAY* We went to Mai Kai, a Polynesian themed restaurant with a live dinner show. I was SO excited to go because Alison just moved back home by me, in Ft. Lauderdale and I haven't seen here in over a year! We have been friends since 6th grade and it was so much fun catching up! This place is a lot more than a restaurant, it's an experience.... and I know this because you have to pay $9.95 just to sit at the table and watch the show, even if you didn't order a single thing.

We started with drinks... I ordered the Moonkist Coconut, I have no idea what was in it besides rum but it was sooo YUMMY and the best part was that it came in a whole coconut! You can take the coconut home with you but I thought... what the hell am I going to do with a coconut ?? So uh yeah, needless to say I left it there. The food was really good, some of the people we were with didn't like their so much... I ordered Chicken with a Ginger Peanut Sauce. (YUM!) Dinner its self was kinda expensive for just my self it cost like $50.


**********************************************


The Show it's self was pretty cool. They did different dances from Tahiti, Polynesia. The guys did a dance with fire, which left me wondering how the hell they didn't burn them selves (still trying to figure that one out).

The female dancers were *AMAZING* omg I would kill to be able to shake my ass like that! haaa! I couldn't get any good pictures of them because they moved so fast they all came out blurry. I wonder if there is such thing as hula dancing classes... forget the gym....sign me up for that. LoL

Anyways, Anyone else ever been to a place like this? What did you think?

2 comments:

Katrina July 17, 2009 at 4:30 AM  

I love Mai Kai! I remember they had the cutest little blow fish in the fish tank and I wanted one so bad after that...it was on my Chirstmas list every year after we went there. I never got it. :(

The food was delish tho! I havent been there in so long! Oh man..now I wanna go!!!

*La Reina* August 30, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

Oh man! I always wanted to go! My fiance and I used to stay near there... Im hopin we can go soon...

Upcoming Cocktails

  • Diaries of a New Makeup Artist
  • Zoya Swatches
  • Relationship Advice
  • All about ME ME ME :)
The HLMN Button

What I WANT!!

  • Coastal Scents Neutral Palette
  • LiLash
  • Mac Pigments
  • OCC Liptars

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP