Who Doesn't Love Carrot Cake

>> Saturday, August 22, 2009

Mini Carrot Cake Cups- Cream Cheese Frosting, arguably the best part about carrot cake, is a key player in these miniature homestyle treats.

Okay aside from make up, clothes, decorating, and being fabulous I LOVE to cook!!! I told you.... The next Martha Stuart. I recently tried something new in my baking ventures and they were SOOO good I decided to share them with you all. I did a little mini photo tutorial to show you how I made them. For those you who don't know I am a Independent Sales Consultant with the Pampered Chef so all of the Products I'm using to make this are Pampered Chef stuff, which I adore!! If you are interested in buying anything or want to know how you can get it for FREE or 1/2 Price just email me at CookWithKatie@gmail.com.

The Recipe:

Cups
1 pkg (9 oz/250 g) yellow cake mix
1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) allspice
1 egg
2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
2 medium carrots, peeled, divided

Filling & Garnish
6 oz (175 g) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup (175 mL) powdered sugar
1/2 cup (125 mL) thawed frozen whipped topping
Chopped walnuts (optional)

Start by Preheating the over to 350°

Coat Mini Muffin Pan with Cooking Spray or a little butter on a Paper Towel


Combine cake mix, allspice, egg, and oil and stir
Mixture will be VERY thick!!!


After mixed well grate one whole peeled carrot and combine with batter

Fill wells of mini muffin man 2/3 of the way full
Bake in the over for 11-13 minutes

:::::WHILE THEY ARE BAKING YOU CAN MAKE THE ICING:::::

:For Icing:

Whisk together softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spoon cream cheese mixture into zip-lock plastic bag; secure bag and set aside.


As soon as they come out of the oven you need to make the cups as seen above. To do this use a tart shaper and mike slight indentations into the mini muffins.



Once you are done let them cool for about 10 minutes in the pan.

Remove all the cups from the pan, they should come right out with no effort
(Especially if you are using Pampered Chef)


::::It should look like this::::
To Garnish:
Garnish cups with chopped walnuts and reserved grated carrots


Put them on a Bamboo platter to make them look even MORE yummy!!


These yummy little carrot cakes are GREAT for holiday entertaining, people usually stay away from it because the cream cheese icing is so fattening, but these little bite size morsels are the PERFECT size to endulge in these YUMMY treats! I have made them twice now and still have more request to make them again. They are simple, fast, and taste soooo good! Let me know if you have any questions or if you make them yourself let me know how they turn out!!

6 comments:

Katrina August 22, 2009 at 2:34 PM  

Im coming over for some of these! They look delish!!!!

Nu Nu Dollie August 22, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

Omg I agree with Katrina! Totally coming over for some! I'll bring the wine! :)

vanilla August 22, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

omgggg,i want thoseeeee
lolll
nyum nyummyyyyyyyyyyy

Sara (The Makeup Snob.com) August 22, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

omg. those look super yummy! I want some!! great tut!

Schnelle August 23, 2009 at 5:44 AM  

ohh they look delicious!!!! I may have to try that recipie(:

Tali September 16, 2009 at 5:23 AM  

I have serious cravings now looking at this!!

Upcoming Cocktails

  • Diaries of a New Makeup Artist
  • Zoya Swatches
  • Relationship Advice
  • All about ME ME ME :)
The HLMN Button

What I WANT!!

  • Coastal Scents Neutral Palette
  • LiLash
  • Mac Pigments
  • OCC Liptars

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP